TEKANAN KERJA DAN MASALAH KESIHATAN DI KALANGAN PENGGUNA - PENGGUNA KOMPUTER DI JABATAN KESIHATAN NEGERI TERENGGANU
The aim of this study was to identify the problems of stress and health effect among the office computer users. A total of 41 office workers whose job required the use of computers. A set of constructed questionnaire were use to measure the work stress and health problems among workers. The data was analyzed by using of descriptive and inference statistic. The result showed that subjects who use computer for more than 2 hours would experienced work stress such as fatigue 29(70. 7%), eye and visual symptoms such as blurring of vision 27(65.9%) and musculoskeletal pain at neck 32( 78.6%). However most of symptoms were moderate, There were a significant relationship between the time spent of using computer with problem of stress (r= 0.440, p<0.05) and eyes and visual problem (r=0.319, p<0.05). However there was no significant relationship between the work station design with stress, musculoskeletal, eye and visual problems. Therefore the longer time spent using computer will lead to health problems. Using the safety operating procedure will Â·reduce the work stress problems.
2. Ismail VDU Panduan keselamatan dan kesihatan. Serdang : UPM. 1994
3. Bammer G. Does computer work affect health? Lesson from the Australia RSI epidemic. In Keying_Into The Future : The impact of Computerization on office workers. Kuala Lumpur: 1994
4. Grandjean E. Ergonomics and Health in Modem Office. Phildephia; Taylor and Francis Ltd. 1984
5. WHO Visual display terminals and workers. Geneva: WHO. 1987
6. Godnig EC. Tips for terminal visual : Are you among the estimate 70 million Americans regularly using Video Display Terminals. USA
: Apenton Publication. 1992,
7. Cardosa M, Wan Yusoff WF. Health consequences of VDT work in Malaysia: some preliminary findings. In Keying Into The Future : The impact of computerization on office workers. Kuala Lumpur: 1994.
8. Cakir A, Hart DJ, Steward TFM. Visual Display Terminals: A manual covering ergonomic workplace design health and safety task organization. New York : John Willy and sons. 1980
9. Mc Phee BJ. Work related neck and upper extremity disorder in keyboard and clerical workers. In Thesis For Master Of Public Health (Occupational Health) University of Sydney, Australia. 1988
10. Motowidlo SJ, Manning MR, Packard JS. Occupational Stress; Its causes and consequences for jobs performance. Journal of applied psychology, 1986;71:618 - 629.
11. Tan Bee Lian, Fatimah 0. Tekanan Kerja dan Masalah Kesihatan di Kalangan Pekerja Yang Menggunakan Komputer. Majalah Psikologi 1991-92;12:29 - 40.
12. Smith MJ, Cohen BGF, Stramerjohn LW. Investigation of Health Complaints and Job Stress In Video Display Operators, Human factors, 1981;23: 387-400.
13. Bergqvist U, Nillson B, Voss M, Wibom R, Wolgast E. Discomfort and disorders among office workers using visual display tenninals; A longitudinal study. dim Berlinguet, L. & Berthelette, D. Work with display units 89, Holland; Elsevier Science Publisher. 1990
14. Bennet WJ, Goldfinger SE, Johnson GT. Your Good Health : How to Stay Well and What To Do Whwn You're Not, London; Harvard University Press. 1987
15. Ong CN, Kee WC, Wisner A. Using VDUs in developing countries. dim. Berlinguet L, Berthelette D. Work with display units. Holland: Elsevier Science Publisher. 1990
16. Berlinguet L, Berthelette D. Work With Display Unit 89. Holland; Elseyier Science Publisher. 1990
17. Collins M, Brow B, Bowman K. In ergonomic international 88. London : Taylor and Francis. 1988
18. Knave B, Wideback PG. Work with display units 86, Holland; Elsevier Science Publisher. 1987